WARNING: ONLY EXPERIENCED CLINICIANS SHOULD ATTEMPT TO CONVERT TO OR FROM METHADONE, AND IN ALL CASES, THE CALCULATED DOSE IS ONLY INTENDED TO PROVIDE A POSSIBLE TARGET DOSE AFTER SLOW TITRATION. PATIENTS SHOULD NEVER BE CONVERTED WITHOUT A SLOW TITRATION AND CAREFUL ADJUSTMENT.
METHADONE DOSING and CONVERSION
- Opioid Conversion Calculator
- Methadone EKG Monitoring Recommendations
- Mathematical Model For Methadone Conversion Examined or PPM HTML Version
- Methadone Dose Conversion Unscrambled (related blog post)
- Fudin Factor (methadone conversion equation)
“In Washington state, … the state’s decision to list methadone as a preferred painkiller to cut costs contributed to increasing numbers of overdoses among patients covered by Medicaid.”