The postgraduate year two (PGY2) Pharmacy Residency at the
Samuel S. Stratton VA Medical Center in Albany, NY
offers many unique opportunities.
Our brochure with summary of the program can be viewed at this LINK.
Our PGY2 resident graduates are expected to become key thought leaders in their chosen specialty field. Our first resident graduated in 2014. Since that time our PGY2’s collectively have made significant contributions to the field. These include (updated as of 2020):
Journal Publications: over 100
Textbook Chapters: over 10
Poster Presentations at National Meetings: over 30
We also have several PGY1 Residents that participated as authors on various publications and posters. Note that the list above excludes Pharmacy Times and Drug Topics online articles, Blogs, and Online Commentaries, many of which are all searchable online.
Current PGY2 Resident
Himayapsill Batista Quevedo, PharmD
For inquiries, contact Dr. Batista Quevedo at Himayapsill.BatistaQuevedo@va.gov
PGY2 Resident Graduates
- Amelia L. Persico, PharmD, MBA (2020); Clinical Pharmacist Specialist, Primary Care, Stratton VA Medical Center, Albany NY
- Jeffrey Bettinger, PharmD (2019); Pain Management Clinical Pharmacist, Saratoga Hospital Medical Group, Saratoga, NY
- Erica L. Wegrzyn, BA, BS, PharmD (2017); Clinical Pharmacy Specialist in Pain Management, RPD in Training, , Stratton VA Medical Center, Albany NY
- Jacqueline H Pratt Cleary, BS, PharmD, BCACP (2016); Assistant Professor, Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Albany NY
- Thien C Pham, PharmD (2015); Clinical Pharmacy Specialist, Pain Management, VA Long Beach Healthcare System, Long Beach CA
- Timothy Atkinson, PharmD, BCPS, CPE (2014); Clinical Pharmacy Specialist, Pain Management, VA Tennessee Valley Healthcare System Murfreesboro TN