QuestionsCategory: Alternativeshow-to-treat-pain-for-a-sublocade-patient-undergoing-surgery
Ken Barun asked 5 years ago

If a patient is undergoing knee replacement surgery while using sublocade, is there a way to treat the pain after surgery?

1 Answers
Jeffrey Fudin Staff answered 5 years ago

Yes.  You need to have a knowledgeable pain team at the hospital that should work with the behavioral health team. If there are no medical contraindications, intravenous NSAIDs work great for this type of pain. That coupled with hydromorphone or fentanyl are generally good to overcome the buprenorphine under close supervision of the medical team.